You know that totally panicky feeling when you think that you might have misplaced or lost your I-phone? You can't breathe and you think of all the photos that are impossible to replace because you didn't get around to storing them. If you are like me you have been through the horror before. However, one step that you can take which can possibly get your phone returned to you is something that I saw Jeff Rossen talking about.
Here are the steps that he says that you should do in order to possibly have a good Samaritan, who has found your phone, return it to you.
· Go to the camera app on your phone, open it up and either choose a photo you already have or take a new one.
· Go to "edit," and hit the button in the bottom right with the three little dots. Hit the "markup" button and then hit the blue plus sign in the bottom right. Now click on the text icon.
· Change the text color to white so that it will be easier to see. Move the text box down and then double click the text box to start typing.
· Type out "If found please call:" and then put your friend or family member's phone number in there. Then click "done."
· Click the "send" button in the bottom left and now you see these icons all the way at the bottom. Scroll over until you see "use as wallpaper." Click the button that says "set" and then when it gives you the option to set it for your home screen or lock screen, set it for the lock screen.
Hooray - you're all done!
I'm sure that every phone or model is a bit different, however, with some playing around and possibly finding that some part of the instruction might be on the left instead of the right etc. this is one easy way to possibly get your phone returned if lost!
Source: Excerpt from the Today Show by Jeff Rossen